Instrument Details: Dual Ion Beam Sputtering Deposition (DIBSD) Facility
Make: Elettrorava s.p.a, Italy
- Physical vapor deposition technique.
- Growth of thin films/ nanostructure is possible in Ar, O2, and N2 atmosphere.
- Fine control over thin film growth is possible (+/-1% uniformity on a 3” wafer).
- Low pressure deposition (10-4 mBar), chamber background pressure is 1×10-8 mBar.
- Enhanced adhesion and microstructure control.
- Independent control of ion beam parameters allows user to engineer film for desired properties.
- High-quality growth at room temperature to up to 1000oC is possible.
- Can be used for dry etching/patterning, and in-situ annealing purposes.
Materials can be deposited:
- Dielectrics (TiO2, SiO2, Si3N4,Y2O3, HfO2, ZrO2, ITO, FTO etc.)
- Metals (Au, Ag, Pt, Al, Ti etc.)
- Semiconductors (Si-Ge, GaN, AlGaN, ZnO, PbTe, PbSe, MgZnO, CdZnO, CIGS, CdS etc.)
Collimated RF Ion Source under Operation
Kaufman and Robinson Ion Source
DIBSD chamber with automated loadlock, heating assembly, UHV pumps, chiller, and gas cylinders