Program Chair: 15th IEEE International Conference on Information Technology (ICIT)
107 Publications & Patents (major contributions in IEEE Transactions, IEEE Journals, IEEE magazines, IET Journals, Elsevier Journals and US Patents) in the area of EDA- CAD for High Level Synthesis (domain of EDA and CAD-VLSI)
Holds 10 Editorial Positions in reputed recognized Transactions/Journals of IEEE, IET and Elsevier.
Awarded by IEEE for research contributions in IEEE Access Journal in advancing engineering profession in July 2016.
Holds 11 Patents in the area of EDA - CAD for High Level Synthesis.
Awarded external grant by DST for sponsored project in March 2013.
Offered ‘Honorary Chief Scientist’ position in VividSparks IT Solutions Pvt Ltd. in July 2016.
2 Patents accepted for commercialization/integration into system on chip products of VividSparks IT Solutions Pvt Ltd. in July 2016.
Graduated 2 Ph.D.s as thesis supervisor from IIT Indore.
Bio:Dr. Anirban Sengupta is currently an Assistant Professor in Discipline of Computer Science and Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T)Indore, where he directs the research lab on ‘Behavioural Synthesis of Digital IP core’. He holds a Ph.D. & M.A.Sc. in Electrical & Computer Engineering from Ryerson University, Toronto (Canada) and is a registered Professional Engineer of Ontario (P.Eng.). He also holds a B.Tech degree from West Bengal University of Technology, India. In the past, he was also affiliated with Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore as a visiting research scholar.He holds an external affiliation as 'Honorary Chief Scientist' at VividSparks IT Solutions Pvt Ltd, besides his regular affiliation at IIT-I.
His research interest includes Optimization during Design Space Exploration for Hardware Accelerators, High Level Synthesis, Fault Secured High Level Synthesis, Trojan Security Aware HLS, Hardware Trust in High Level Synthesis, IP core Protection during HLS, Evolutionary Computing during HLS as well as Physical Design using CAD. His research/sponsored projects are funded by Department of Science & Technology (Science & Engineering Research Board), Govt. of India as well as supported by Intel Corporation and Department of Electronics & IT (DEITY), Govt. of India. He has around 100 Publications & Patents which include Journals, Patents and Invited Book Chapters from IEEE, IET, Elsevier, Springer and USPTO/CIPO/IPO. He is owner 11 Patents (granted/published/pending). In the past, his Patents generated funding from Ontario Center of Excellence (OCE), Canada. He had performed industry interactive research extensively for more than 2 years with Calypto, Bluespec, BEECube, Huawei Canada during development of his Ryerson Design Space Exploration Tool arising from his Patent. For his excellence in doctoral research, he has been awarded/nominated by Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, Ontario for multiple years through OGS as well as by Ryerson University through GREA, RGA and NSERC ICA for consecutive years.
He currently serves in Editorial positions of 8 IEEE, Elsevier, & IET Journals as Editorial Board Member, Associate Editor, Columnist and Guest Editor , He is currently serving as Editorial Board Member of Elsevier Microelectronics Journal,. Associate Editor of IET Journal on Computer & Digital Techniques, Executive Editor & Columnist of IEEE Consumer Electronics(M-CE), Associate Editor of IEEE VLSI Circuits & Systems Letter (VCAL) and Associate Editor of IEEE Access Journal. He further serves as Guest Editor of IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems and IEEE Access Journals. He is a regular reviewer of IET Journal on Computers and Digital Techniques, IEEE Transactions on VLSI, Elsevier Journal on Swarm and Evolutionary Computation, Elsevier Journal on Applied Soft Computing and Elsevier Journal on Expert Systems. He regularly serves as a member of the Technical Program Committee of IEEE-CS ISVLSI, ACM GLVLSI, IEEE CCECE and IEEE ICIT. He has supervised 4 Ph.D. candidates (2 completed and 2 pursuing) and 6 RA/B.Eng. students, many of whom are/were placed in industries such as Cadence, Snapdeal, Microsoft etc or pursuing research in renowned universities such as Stanford, UCSD etc.
"Aggregate Thomson Reuters IMPACT FACTOR of my Journal Publications so far ~ 40"
Special Session on ‘Reliability and Security Aware RTL/System Design’ in IEEE iNIS 2015 (Participated authors: Intel Corporation, Broadcom Corporation (USA), Pennsylvania State University (USA) and Indian Institute of Science)
Program Chair, 15th IEEE International Conference on Information Technology (2016).
B) Reviewer Panel:
· Expert evaluator: PRESTIGE Marie Curie Fellowship, France, 2016
· Reviewer: IET Journal on Computers and Digital Techniques (CDT), 2016
· Reviewer: Elsevier Journal on Soft Applied Computing (2013- Present)
· Reviewer: Elsevier Journal on Expert Systems With Applications (2014 – Present)
· Reviewer: Elsevier Journal on Swarm and Evolutionary Computation (2013- Present)
· Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation (2014- Present)
Organizing Committee Member (Student Symposium Chair), IEEE International Symposium on Nanoelectronic and Information Systemsheld on Dec 2015
· Technical Program Committee member: 13th IEEE Computer Society Annual International Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI), Florida, USA.
· Technical Program Committee member: 14th IEEE Computer Society Annual International Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI), France.
· Technical Program Committee member: 25th ACM/IEEE Great lake Symposium on VLSI (GLSVLSI), USA.
· Technical Program Committee member: 26th IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (2013).
· Technical Program Committee member: 13th IEEE International Conference on Information Technology (2014).
· Reviewed paper of ‘Microelectronics Reliability Journal, Elsevier’ (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
· Reviewer: 24th & 25th IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE).
· Reviewed paper of ‘Microelectronics Journal, Elsevier’ (2011, 2012).
· Technical Program Committee member, IEEE International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI-2013).
C) Administrative Positions
Member, Institute Website Committee, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore (June 2013- Present)